Shift
The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? 211nii0
Log-in quickly or enroll in this fabulous shape-shifting roleplay game!
Shift
The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? 211nii0
Log-in quickly or enroll in this fabulous shape-shifting roleplay game!
Shift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shift

A literate, shapeshifters roleplay forum.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Angel
Admin
Angel

The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? Empty
PostSubject: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 10:32 am

Penelope padded slowly through the forest, weaving in and out of trees. Her white tipped tail swayed back and forth with each step. Her bright green eyes scanned the surrounding area. Trees, regular animals, most likely other Shifters...the usual. She shrugged her shoulders and continued forward slowly. Her black paws left small indents in the grass and dirt. She glanced at her tracks and grinned, deciding to have some fun. She scrambled up a nearby tree in her Red Fox form, deciding to take a higher branch. She silently wondered in anyone would notice her tracks suddenly stopped. She snickered at the thought of confusing people and settled down on the wide branch, letting her tail hang below her as she rested her muzzle on her paws. She lay there on the branch in silence..waiting, watching.
Back to top Go down
https://shift.rpg-board.net
Untitled
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 21st 2010, 8:28 am

The sound of of earth and branches curshed beneath the heel of a pair of boots. The man looked around. It sure was nice here but he couldn't let down his defenses. His eyes were focused and, altough he had a relaxed way of walking, one could see he was ready to react when needed. A distinguishing feature on his face was the strange looking skin around the man's eyes. It looked more reptillian then human, the same could be said from his eyes. His name was Porosus and he had arrived here just a few days ago. He decided it was time to scout the parts of the city he would call his home from now on. Still, everything was new here and he had to watch out for unknown perils. Porosus the noticed a small trail on the ground. Judging from the paw print it was a small canine. suddenly stopping. He raised an eyebrow. Canines can't disappear or fly off. So he decided to look around. After a moment Porosus noticed a red fox in the branches. "Well, hi there." He kept in mind that this could be someone like him, a Shifter. "Are you stuck? You need a hand?" He said with an amused voice, having a smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 21st 2010, 9:53 am

Penelope grinned widely. She rose to her feet, jumping from branch to branch until she landed safely on the ground. 'I was not stuck, amused is a better term,' she said. If he was a Shifter, then he'd be able to understand her as she spoke. Penelope lifted her nose slightly, sniffing the air. This man was definitely a Shifter, she could smell it. Penelope sat down, letting her bushy tail swish rhymically. 'So...what brings you out to this part of the forest?' she asked.
Back to top Go down
Untitled
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 21st 2010, 10:01 am

Porosus sat on his knees to get closer to the fox. He heard it talk and it was no suprise to him. This one was also like him, a human with the ability to change into an animal shape. Judging from her movement the fox was sniffing him and by the voice he knew it was a woman. "Well, I am just exploring this area." Porosus answered to her question. "I just arrived here not to long ago. So I decided it would be for the best to investigate the surrounding area." He looked up at the trees. "Are you here already for sometime? In the city, i mean. I haven't met to many of our kind."
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 21st 2010, 10:07 am

Penelope grinned a bit. "Believe me..there are many more Shifters here than meets the eye," she replied. "I have been here for about a two years now. And more Shifters come each day.." she said. Penelope looked out across the trees. "They're going to start drawing more attention..." she pointed out with a frown. She thought about changing into her human form, but she decided against it. Humans hunted in these parts...and she did always enjoy outwitting them.
Back to top Go down
Untitled
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 21st 2010, 10:15 am

Porosus nodded. "Well, perhaps I have looked over the majority of the Shifters, as most of them are probably in their animal form, but I'm sure I'll meet more of them in the end." When the fox said the shifters were attracting more and more attention he just chuckled. "Well, when it comes to it I am very good in keeping a low profile." After a moment of silence he spoke again. "May I know your name? I can't call you Miss Fox, now can I? I am Porosus Maze."
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 21st 2010, 10:17 am

Penelope stared at him a moment before she gave a nod of her head. "Penelope Yargin..." she said simply. She silently hoped he wouldn't recognize her last name from her mother, the Broadway star Lizzie Yargin. Most adults recognized it...

Last edited by Angel on August 23rd 2010, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Untitled
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 21st 2010, 10:26 am

For some reason she seemed to be reluctant not to tell her name. Ofcourse this is logical. A complete stranger, in the middle of the forest, is something most people wouldn't trust. Still he was glad she introduced herself. "Well, nice to meet you Penelope. You are the first one I could have decent conversation with." Porosus scratched around his scale-like skin around his eyes. "Alot of people are suspicious of newcomers it seems." His reptile eyes looked at the fox.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 23rd 2010, 12:54 pm

Penelope nodded her head. "Well, can you blame them?" she pointed out, tilting her head in a fox-like manner. She got tired of looking up as she spoke, so she shifted into her human form. She ran her fingers through her red hair, standing up straight.
Back to top Go down
Untitled
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 23rd 2010, 1:01 pm

Porosus was suprised for a bit. He was used to it to shift from human form to his animal one and vice versa but it was still awkward to see another one do it. "Oh yeah. I had almost forgotten you also have a human form." He laughed a bit. Then Porosus got back on the fact that the residents here didn't trust easily. "It is sad though. How can this be a safe haven if we don't trust each other?"
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 23rd 2010, 1:03 pm

Penelope shook her head. "Cause it's all we have," she answered simply.
Back to top Go down
Untitled
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 23rd 2010, 1:11 pm

Nodding in agreement, Porosus let out a sigh. "Well, Perhaps it will change for the better after a while." He crossed his arms and looked around. It did seem to be a larger forest that he anticipated. There was also a lake he needed to examine out another time. Porosus was looking forward to it. Then his attention went back to Penelope in front of him. "Do the Shifters hunt each other?"
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 23rd 2010, 1:31 pm

Penelope shook her head. "Shifter blood tastes bad to other Shifters. It's part of the whole half-animal half-human thing. It's kind of like eating a rotten egg and curdled milk. I guess it prevents us from eating each other," she answered. She knew this from experience from when she had accidently tried to eat a fish that was a shifter.
Back to top Go down
Untitled
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? EmptyAugust 25th 2010, 12:15 pm

Only thinking about that kind of taste made Porosus make a face of disgust. "Well, atleast that cancels out the order of the food chain. Just hearing about such a taste makes me feel ill." It did comfort him however that he wouldn't eat another shifter by accident. Hopefully he'd notice it before the powerfull crocodile jaws snapped the neck of his victim. Not a pleasant thought to kill another Shifter. "Who is in charge of the Shifters? There atleast must be one person that tries to lead this chaos?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?   The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl? Empty

Back to top Go down

The Red Fox, The Cunning Trickster, and...a teenage girl?
Page 1 of 1