Shift
Ruler of the South 211nii0
Log-in quickly or enroll in this fabulous shape-shifting roleplay game!
Shift
Ruler of the South 211nii0
Log-in quickly or enroll in this fabulous shape-shifting roleplay game!
Shift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shift

A literate, shapeshifters roleplay forum.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ruler of the South

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ChivanChang
District Leader

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 19th 2010, 9:55 pm

Riley stood atop the skyscrapers, it felt good to be up at the high point of the South District, the part of the city where he resided. Looking down, he could see faint walking figures, though his eyesight won't take him that far down. He sighed. The sun was gone, buried behind the mass amounts of clouds. There was a rough breeze at the top, blowing against his clothes and his hair. His sharp eyes stared up toward the empty sky, a smile across his face. "No one under my rule will suffer against those humans..." He clenched his fist, raising it up toward the sky. "I'll make sure of it!"
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 12:24 am

Grason glanced slowly around as he padded through the dusty streets. His muscular limbs moved rhymically as he stepped. His large, golden brown paws left soft indents in the dirt. He paused a moment and shook out his large mane. His gold eyes darted this way and that. He silently shifted to his human form, slowly rising to his height of 5'10". With a soft grunt he continued forward with his hands in his pockets. His usual, foreboding look was in his face and his muscular build helped with this threatening exterior.
Back to top Go down
https://shift.rpg-board.net
ChivanChang
District Leader

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 9:15 am

Riley turned back, his eyes showing no more emotion. Taking big steps to re-enter the building complex. The inside of the building was born, it was dark apart from the light beaming across empty offices into the empty corridor. He could see the elevators in front, but no electricity was given to the abandoned city, nothing was of use in doors. He ran through the dark corridor, pushing a door open, revealing flights of stairs. This is going to take a while... His deep blue eyes stared down the empty cases, before leaping down each flight.

Once he had reached the bottom, he exited the stairway. It revealed the large opening area of the complex. It had broken desks, computer screens lying motionless on the cracked marble tiles. The sofas were worn and not much was around in general. He could see concrete dust falling from above. "The building is wearing out I see..." He muttered. The room was empty, he was used to it. And he enjoyed his time alone. He trusted no one, apart from the people he grew close to, and even those were limited. He sighed, walking across the once great company building, before taking his seat on the sofa, lying back to relax. His eyes closed, his thoughts roaming freely throughout his mind.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 10:13 am

Grason frowned as he heard a rhymic thump thump thump coming from a nearby office building. He instictively shifted into his animal form. A deep rumble escaped his throat as he padded toward the slightly shattered glass doors.
Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 10:21 am

Reflexes led Riley to open his eyes in a flash, hearing heavy footsteps from the entrance of the office building. He focused his sight on the entrance, waiting for something to enter. He guessed it was a shifter, he doubted a large animal would suddenly enter the abandoned city, but instinctively transformed into his animal form.

A light flashed around Riley's human body, and when it had gone, his body was no longer visible. Standing in its place was a tiger, though you probably wouldn't recognize it from afar. The regular orange, black and white patterns of fur was replaced by one that's purely black, with the white still in place as stripes, and only that, no orange was seen. Its eyes were a light color of blue-- sky blue. It stared at the entrance to the office, growling as the footsteps drew closer.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 10:27 am

Grason stepped inside the empty office building, seeing it wasn't so empty after all. A black tiger? Not the oddest thing he'd seen. Grason stared at the tiger in his large, lion form.
'There's no need to prepare for attack...' he said. The odd thing about Shifters was that they could understand each other no matter what form they were in. Grason sat back on his haunches, his gold eyes studying Riley curiously.
So he didn't seem a threat, Grason shifted back into his human form. And there he stood, the tall muscular nineteen year old. Basically what you'd expect a lion to look like if it were a human. She stood there with his usual foreboding silence with an emotionless expression on his face.
Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 10:33 am

Riley softened his gaze, relaxing his strong structure of his animal form. Blinking at the lion's speech, he watched as he transformed into a human. He was muscular, though his features seemed young. He made no speech in response, and stood up on his four legs.

A light was seen again, covering Riley's animal form. A usual process for shifting-- at least, for him. Riley returned to his human form, a young 17 year old boy, his hair resting on his shoulders. His like for hair was probably feminine, but it was an Asian thing. Light casted from the high floored windows, lighting up the dark office. His deep blue eyes changed into a bright shade of sky blue, studying the other shifter. "You say I don't need to attack, we are the same one way or another, but that doesn't mean I can trust you." His voice showed nothing, it was a plain speech, full of confidence.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 10:39 am

Grason shrugged his shoulders as a response. That sounded like something he would say. He tipped his chin a bit, keeping his expression unreadable. "I don't suppose you can..." he said simply. He wasn't one for conversation, since he preferred to silently intimidate. He narrowed his golden eyes with a frown. "And how do I know I can trust you?" he retorted. In his book, he didn't trust anyone at first.
'Always be prepared....stay on your toes. They might attack,' he constantly told himself. And being the King of the Lions, he wasn't going to let anything or anyone hurt the Shifters.
Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 10:44 am

Riley thought for a moment. Nothing can be heard in the empty building, that is apart from Riley himself, and the visitor. He raised his arm and rubbed the back of his head, an act of habit, before speaking. "I'm the ruler of this district." He said in response to the shifter's question. "I don't need to attack those who live in my district, it would be stupid to do so."

Riley had a hard time to trust, being a shifter, he was always discriminated against once his secret had been found, and it wasn't long before it spread from one person to another. He had a hard time reaching the city, and glad he was one of the first to set foot in it.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 10:50 am

Grason narrowed his eyes. "It would be unwise for you to attack me in general, tiger.." he pointed out. He then shrugged his shoulders again. "Trust is something that must be earned...a title does not give it to you," he stated. He yawned widely and shifted into his animal form, curling up on the cracked tile floor. The building creaked from the extra weight, but he took no notice.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy
Council Member

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 10:51 am

OOC: This took forever to write.
I looked out from the apartment building. There were couches arranged around a makeshift fireplace. Several 12 gallon water barrels were located in the apartment, holding enough water for 60 days if need be. The water had been there for 10 years. Untouched.

I was in my animal form, lying on a ledge created by bay windows. He was on the penthouse apartment, 20 stories above the street. I could see the usual emptiness of the South. It wasn't a very active place. I glanced behind me, letting out a slight whimper. 10 years I hadn't been here. 10 years I had forbidden myself from coming here. Now, here I was.

When I walked into this apartment, the pain of 10 years had stabbed me in the heart. 10 years since Emily had been killed. I was beyond crying. I just let the pain eat away at me each day, like some vicious piranha. I looked back outside, seeing a figure on the street. Might as well go speak to it.

I jumped off of the ledge, transforming back to a human and moving to the exit. I took one last look, smiling at all the memories, before exiting the penthouse. I walked to the stairs. There was a pulley system attached so that you could get down quickly - as long as you didn't let go -. I hopped into it, taking the rope and lifting it from the locking case. Letting it down slowly, I made my way down to the ground. It cut the time getting down in half.

Once I got down, I exited the elevator and walked to the front door. I hesitated, then opened it up and shut the door fast. I glanced around the street for the figure, hoping it was still there. It wasn't, so I walked into the street, looking for any tracks. Right now I could use some company. I transformed back into a Red Wolf, putting my nose down and smelling the scent of the lion. I followed it into the building, then glanced up at the two people. I watched their conversation, waiting for them to notice me.
Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 10:57 am

Riley shrugged. "I suppose not, lion. But without respect from those who resides in my district, how will I gain trust? I will not attack anyone, unless it involves a human, or defending myself. Besides... Maybe it would be unwise for you to attack me. You may be king of the jungle in the real world, but here, we're all the same." He let his body fall onto the sofa, leaning back against it. His raised his head, looking up at the cracked ceiling. "I wonder how long this building will last..." He muttered silently. The city was half destroyed, it was only a matter of time everything will crumble and rot away, unless rebuilt.

From the outside, he could hear faint footsteps. It was in his genetics as a predator, he could hear and smell a lot stronger than a human, his sight as well could see easily in the dark, though not exactly giving him the abilities to see further. "We've got company, lion." He said simply, keeping his head raised.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy
Council Member

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 11:06 am

I heard him say this, grinning slightly. Transforming back to my human form, I walked into view. I put my fingers on my lips, brow, then lips. Lets eat. Lets think. Lets talk. My face was full of wrinkles, and a light stubble could be seen on my face. My hair was spotted with gray strands, from years of uncertainty. I had a slightly ripped T-Shirt on, and some baggy jeans with tears on them. My sandals seemed to be a size too big, and part of the back was showing on them. Better then going bare feet.

"Hello." I tell them, in my steady canine voice, scanning the people. They seemed nice enough, not too hostile. One was even in a relaxed pose. I'm sure that was just a fake though, he would lung out at me at any moment.
Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 11:08 am

OOC: I'll just wait for Angel before posting :3
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 3:22 pm

Grason lifted his large, lion head. He let out a growl, catching the wolf's scent. "You smell of many Districts, wolf," he pointed out, narrowing his eyes. He fur of his large mane bristled uneasily. He shifted into his human form in a flash of golden light. Standing there now was his tall human form. "What is it you want?" he asked in his deep voice.
Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 3:30 pm

Riley let out no emotion as the wolf man spoke. He was no longer staring at the blank ceiling, instead, he faced the fox, his eyes examining him carefully. The lion was right, he did smell different than just the South. This didn't mean we weren't allowed into other districts, but his scent gave off he's constantly travelling around the city.

"There must be more of a reason you're here, wolf." He said, his expression cautious him. Being wary if he were to attack. He may have shifted back to his human form, but that wouldn't stop him from attacking with his beast powers. Riley's eyes were full of suspicion, a natural expression in his world. He didn't trust anyone, trust would just lead to betrayal sooner or later.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 3:46 pm

Grason grinned a bit, crossing his arms. "Well Mr. District leader...looks like this is your call," he said, leaning against a crumbling wall. 'I'm going to enjoy this..' he thought, silently chuckling at his own dark humor.
Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 3:48 pm

"It is I guess..." I replied to the lion's comments. His eyes not leaving the wolf for a second. He knew the lion would be dangers-- if he attacked. But listening closely to his tone, and the laid back personality he seems to have, he doubted he'd make an attack.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy
Council Member

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 4:53 pm

"Indeed I do." I tell him, bringing my armpit up and sniffing it. There was some odd scents there, but nothing too foreign to him. I glanced at the people again. "Don't worry. I won't bite." I tell then, about to add to that. My days of wisecracking were over. I really should just be wise. "They call me Maxx." I tell them, moving towards the guy closed to me, the one that was a lion and reaching out to shake his hand.

Last edited by Momus Boy on August 20th 2010, 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 4:54 pm

ooc: Grason is already in human form.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 4:59 pm

Grason glanced at Maxx's hand a moment, narrowing his eyes. "I don't shake hands..." he muttered, keeping his arms crossed. Shaking hands gave others an opportunity to attack, it lets your guard down. And that was something he didn't want to do, especially surrounded by a tiger and a wolf.
Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 5:12 pm

Riley's eyes never left the wolf, a simply saying 'I won't bite' doesn't mean he's not dangerous. Being cautious was important as a shape shifter. Survival of the fittest. It was rather weird that the wolf would try shake hands with a lion. Hope he won't try shake my hand next... He thought. "Well, if you have business here. What might it be." His voice was empty, simple speech, he wasn't going to speak in any different manner for anybody, and not some wolf that tried to make friends. Friends wanted trust. And trust leads to betrayal, never trust and you'll be able to avoid the worst. His deep blue eyes followed the wolf's movements, not letting him out of sight. If he were to strike, he would be ready.
Back to top Go down
Momus Boy
Council Member

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 5:20 pm

I glanced at them both. They didn't seem to be too friendly. I even thought one of them was eying me like food. "I have just came here to seek some companionship. I gets rather dull around here..." I tell them, muttering the last sentence. I moved to the person on the couch, reaching to take his hand in a shake. This is what makes The Abandoned City such a terrible place. There was no trust.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 5:27 pm

Grason took a step back, wondering what exactly Riley would do about being approached. "Not sure if that was the best thing for you to do," he pointed out with a rather crooked grin. He chuckled lightly at his dark humor.
Back to top Go down
ChivanChang
District Leader

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South EmptyAugust 20th 2010, 5:33 pm

Riley glared at the wolf as he extended his hand to him. Was it some kind of trick? He hadn't met any nice shifters around. All he has seen were the aggressive, cold or ones that just didn't speak at all. The lion was one of the few that spoke, but even then, he was dangerous. He pushed his hand away. "Whatever you're attempting at, I don't want to know. So tell me why you're here, right now." His eyes were fierce, anger slowly taking control. But he had to keep calm, he wasn't going to attack his own kind, at least he avoided it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ruler of the South Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ruler of the South   Ruler of the South Empty

Back to top Go down

Ruler of the South
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next