Shift
A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] 211nii0
Log-in quickly or enroll in this fabulous shape-shifting roleplay game!
Shift
A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] 211nii0
Log-in quickly or enroll in this fabulous shape-shifting roleplay game!
Shift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shift

A literate, shapeshifters roleplay forum.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Devil
Devil

A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] Empty
PostSubject: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 27th 2010, 10:56 pm

Everything in the Abandoned City was, well, abandoned. The office spaces, the Victorian homes, the apartments, the cinemas, the parks and even the laundry shops were now inhabited by Shifters. They made use of all the space and materials they could find, made their home, and either bought or hunted for food. If you could have a space all to yourself, with working appliances and electronics, a heater and several bucketfuls of water...well, then, that was heaven in itself. So, Savannah stood under the doorway frame in absolute awe of Grason's home- it was wonderful, really. She had lived in a wreck of a house her whole life with nothing but a bed, some clothes and a photograph. Whenever she wanted to take a shower to cool off, she had to walk all the way to the north district and to an abandoned sports complex which still- amazingly- had heated showers.

Savannah cleared her throat, trying her best to appear unfazed by the wonder of Grason’s perfect abode. But she couldn’t seem to stop her mouth from forming a perfect O.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 27th 2010, 11:02 pm

Grason glanced over at Savannah and couldn't help the faint smile that flickered across his face as he noticed her astonished face. His expression then went back to his usual serious one aa he turned his gaze forward. "It took me quite a while to collect everything, replace electrical wires and sockets, and find all the working appliances..." he explained with a small sigh.
Although, it wasn't perfect. There was no running water since he didn't know how to actually fix that. And the tile floors were slightly cracked and had some stains from water damage.
Back to top Go down
https://shift.rpg-board.net
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 27th 2010, 11:14 pm

"Hey, at least you don't need to worry about rat infestations" Savannah nudged Grason's arm then walked forward, slowly taking in what she was seeing. Just the sight of this abode somehow made Savannah less tense, it had the lived-in feeling that all homes should have- even if there were cracks here and there. Somehow, it felt like she was trapped in a magazine about fabulous Shifter homes, she wouldn’t mind staying here forever but it wasn’t her home to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 27th 2010, 11:31 pm

Grason nodded his head slowly, glancing around his home. The smell was also something that most didn't like. It smelled like...earth. Dirt and grass. A lot of Shifters he let stay here a night or two disliked the smell. But he had always liked being outdoors. ....It was probably a lion thing.
Grason walked towards the staircase that was in the right hand corner of the room. "There are three bedrooms upstairs.." he said. Without waiting for a response he trudged up the thirteen steps. They were wooden and rather creaky. But they did their job. The upstairs was rather simple. There were five doors down a wide hallway. Mostly everything was located down stairs like the kitchen and the living room. But upstairs was where the bedrooms were located. "The first door on the left is the bathroom...but we don't have working water. But there's an office building next door that has a working bathroom down stairs. On the right over here is my bed room..And this door after the bathroom is one of the ones you can stay in if you'd like..." he said.
Grason pushed the door open and revealed the bedroom. It had a single bed that looked to be somewhere between a twin and a queen sized mattress. It sat on a slightly rusted, black bed frame. It had three pillows. Each had different designs and didn't go with the bedspread either. It wasn't exactly a pretty room...but it did its job. Beside the bed was a night stand. The bottom drawer was missing, but the top was still there. On the opposite wall was a lightly colored dresser. It was a little dusty and had a few stains on the front. The window was a few feet to the left of the bed. There were a few cracks in the corner, but nothing too bad. Because it was the second floor, most of the windows were intact.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 28th 2010, 12:41 am

"It's just right. It's not like I need much space anyway, I could even sleep on the floor if you told me to" The room was even better than she bargained for, complete with a night stand and drawers- right, like Savannah needed them- and pillows. She dug into her pockets and produced a single piece of paper which might as well be in the trash, she placed it on the bed then turned it so that it was facing up. Savannah smiled down at the 2 other faces that smiled back from the battered paper. "Those are my parents.." Without another word, she walked toward the window and stared at the view. It overlooked most of the South District, well at least from what Savannah could tell since it was night and her human vision wasn't the best.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 28th 2010, 10:17 am

Grason studied the picture curiously. Smiling faces.... That was something he hadn't seen in a while. After the years here he had heard so many sob stories and sad tales about Shifters' past. But, unlike those Shifters, Grason felt sympathy for Savannah. Her parents seemed so..happy. So, then why was she here? Did they abandon her? And if they did...why did she still lovingly carry around a picture of them?
Grason shook his head, deciding to not ask any of his questions. He simply walked over to Savannah's side, gently placing a hand on her shoulder. It was surprising he could be this gentle from his rather large size and strength.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 28th 2010, 10:59 am

Unconsciously, Savannah placed her left hand on top of Grason’s then patted it thrice before making it dangle and slump against her hip again. This gesture of kindness had melted her, it softened her tense emotions. She wanted to just sob and let everything out, but, Savannah wasn’t like that in any way. Being a leader meant having a strong heart, it meant you absolutely shouldn’t succumb to helplessness; to being a crippled figure on the ground, shaking from sadness. “This really means a lot to me, Grason.. Thank you for everything..” her voice was breaking and it took so much effort not to break down and rant her emotions out.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 29th 2010, 9:43 pm

Grason frowned, hearing the sincerity in her voice. Not long ago he had watched her unemotionally burn an item that held many memories. ...What had changed between then and now.
Grason simply shrugged his shoulders, letting his hand drop back to his side. "You're welcome..it's no big deal really. I have an extra room in case that cougar shows up. But...he didn't seem very keen on being around me," he pointed out with a bit of an amused glint in his golden eyes. For one reason or another, he always found great amusement in people that disliked him. Although...this amusement never lasts for too long.
Grason let out a soft sigh. He gently picked up a pillow, handing it to her with a small smile. "You should get some rest or something...I'll make breakfast in the morning. Although, I can't guarantee it will be very good," he said. A quick, crooked grin flashed across his face a moment before is disappeared back to his usual, emotionless gaze.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 29th 2010, 10:04 pm

Leaning her head against the dusty window pane, Savannah closed her eyes and inhaled the muddy scent of the room. It reminded her of the forest after monsoon season, it was her favorite time of the year. When there was rain, the grass was soft enough to lay down upon and the night sky was a brilliant navy blue with streaks of silver and white racing across and playing about. Such memories were her weak points, they opened her heart and made her feel a longing to experience them again- it was a feeling of utter desperation that made her feel weak and just plain human. Her eyes flew open at the thought of being vulnerable and weak. It couldn't be like this.. she wouldn't allow it.

Before taking hold of the pillow, Savannah muttered a silent thank you then proceeded back to staring at the world outside.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 29th 2010, 10:19 pm

Grason nodded his head slowly. "Night.." he said simply. He then exited the room and headed for his own. It was right across the hall from hers. The walls were painted white and the carpet was a rusted golden color. It had the same furnishings as Savannah's room...it would be unfair if he had more in his room.
Grason sat down on his creaky bed with a sigh. He leaned back, folding his arms behind his head and going over the events if the day.
.....The usual as far as he was concerned. Although, there was something different about Savannah. ...Maybe it was the fact that he didn't fall at his feet like most girls seemed to. Grason simply shrugged his shoulders, deciding not to put much though into the topic.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 29th 2010, 10:40 pm

The door shut behind her ending with a familiar click. Savannah was all alone now, just like it had always been. She turned to look at the bed. It was neat and tidy but it just wasn't like she was used to. Walking towards the bed, she noticed the moonlight filtering through the window... it somehow bore a resemblance to the moonlight filtering through the forest leaves. She gave a small smile right before curling into bed. Tonight, Savannah decided, she would pretend the sheets were soft grass and the moonlight was filtering from trees above; tonight the room would be the forest and she would rest in peace away from the hunters. Closing her eyes, she let tiredness and the scent of mud wash over her right before drifting into unconsciousness.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 31st 2010, 7:17 am

ooc: you wanna skip to when they both wake up ^^ You'll have to reply first. I've got school xP
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 31st 2010, 7:21 am

OOC: Okay :> I'll reply later @-) My brain juices are not flowing. D:
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptyAugust 31st 2010, 10:09 am

Savannah awoke to the light filtering from the window. Her eyes flew open, then she squinted really hard and stifled a yawn. Where was she again? Had she fallen asleep in some random apartment building? Scratching her head, Savannah took in her surroundings. A night stand, drawers, a bed and a window. It was all so familiar but she couldn't quite grasp her location.

Suddenly, out of the abyss, came a clear thought that rang through her mind: Grason. Right. She was in Grason's home; she had slept overnight. Feeling her bird's nest hair, Savannah groaned then quickly stood from her bed. The first thing that filled her senses was the smell of land. It was a wonderful greeting scent, she simply adored it. Walking towards the door, Savannah combed her messy hair with the tips of her fingers. Good morning, Savannah... it's another day.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptySeptember 2nd 2010, 5:15 pm

Grason stood in the kitchen, cooking the foods like bacon, eggs and pancakes. Basically, your normal breakfast foods. He sighed, flicking his wrist and flipping the pancake in some fancy, chef-like manner. He heard footsteps upstairs. Savannah. She must be up...
Grason kept his gaze on the stove, feeling slightly confused of the smile on his face.

Last edited by Angel on September 2nd 2010, 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptySeptember 2nd 2010, 5:48 pm

Savannah walked down the stairs, rubbing the sleep off her eyes. She could still feel clumps on her hair but she didn't seem to care. After all, there was no one to impress anyway, right? Well, whatever. Savannah shrugged the thought off.

It was probably 8 AM, judging by the light filtering from the windows. Quickly, she rushed down the stairs then walked straight into the kitchen. Savannah knew not to keep lions waiting, they weren't exactly the most patient animals.

What her senses detected stopped her cold. Bacon and eggs. Savannah's favorite kind of breakfast. In hopes that she wouldn't drool, she pursed her lips right after greeting Grason a barely audible and croaky good morning.

OOC: FAILURE D:
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptySeptember 3rd 2010, 7:06 pm

Grason turned the squeaky knob of the oven to the "off" setting. He placed the bacon on a plate along with the scrambled eggs and pancakes. He turned to Savannah with a small grin. "Hope you like scrambled eggs...that's all I remember how to make," he said, setting the food on the table. It was scratched up and like the rest of the furniture. didn't match anything in the house. He reached into a drawer and pulled out some plastic silverware, setting them on the table.
His golden gaze flickered up a bit, noticing her slightly messy hair. Without thinking much, he brushed a bit of it back away from her face. After realizing what he did he pulled his hand back quickly, stuffing it in his pocket. "I think I might have milk or something in the fridge..." he said, pivoting on his ankles so he was facing the fridge.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptySeptember 3rd 2010, 7:19 pm

Was her hair that messy? Savannah felt for the top of her head, the part which Grason touched. It was all tangly and messed up but whatever. "Oh, thanks." she managed to stutter out. Why was her voice squeaky and small? And why did her cheeks feel hot? Maybe she had a fever. Cautiously, she felt her neck with the back of her hand. No fever but her hand was all tingly. Strange, very strange.

OOC: FAIL POST. SO DISTRACTED AT THE MOMENT.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptySeptember 3rd 2010, 7:32 pm

Grason glanced down at his stomach. What was this...odd feeling he was getting? It felt like he swallowed a lot of butterflies. Why was this happening? And why did he feel...tingly? He shook his hands, trying to get rid of the feeling. He looked in the fridge. "Guess we're out of milk...s-sorry.." he stuttered. Why did he just stutter? He simply shook his hand and sat down at the table. I'm sure it's just hunger..
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptySeptember 5th 2010, 7:28 am

"It doesn't matter. Scrambled eggs is actually a luxury in itself.." Savannah licked her lips, she could already smell her breakfast's aroma emanating around with the smoke coming from its heat. Her breakfast. She liked the sound of that. With a bright beam on her face, she reached for her fork unable to hold back the watering in her mouth. It had been a long time since she'd eaten food this good, so she would savor every bite. Rather hastily, she dug her fork into the scrumptious looking yellow mass, cut a large piece off then placed it in her mouth.

The flavor seemed to burst after every chew. How wonderful this morning was. She finished the rest of her egg in 2 bites and let out an unwelcome burp. Oops. Savannah felt her cheeks flush with color as she covered her mouth. "Sorry.."
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptySeptember 5th 2010, 9:45 am

Grason chuckled, shaking his head. "It's fine," he said with a small grin. He took a bite of the bacon and eggs. He was used to eating generally well, but he did always enjoy seeing others' faces when they got to eat this way.
After finishing about half of his breakfast, Grason found that the strange tingling feeling did not go away. He frowned a moment, running his fingers through his spiky hair. 'Maybe I'm sick?' he thought. He simply shrugged his shoulders and took another bite of his eggs.
"We have water in those barrels," Grason said, gesturing over to the clear, large bottle of water that you'd find in office buildings. One was set up on the dispensing machine that they used. There were boxes of paper cups as well. It looked as though Grason had just raided an office building...and he did..
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptySeptember 5th 2010, 6:04 pm

Savannah slumped back in her chair, legs crossed and eyes closed. This was actually the first time she felt her stomach bulge out of fulness since good food was hard to come by in the Abandoned City. Unless, of course, you considered good food as stale candy or roasted pigeon.

She let one eye flutter open as Grason was explaining stuff about water. It was something about barrels, from what she heard. Trying not to look inattentive, Savannah rubbed her closed eye awake then nodded as Grason pointed towards the barrels.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 6:42 pm

Grason noticed her relaxed position and smiled. "You know...I've learned that you sleep well on a full stomach. You're welcome to take a cat nap or something. No pun intended," he said with a crooked grin. How was it that he was grinning? He hadn't smiled or grinned in...years.
Grason decided it best not to think about things like that. So he shoved the thoughts away, trying to focus on his conversation with Savannah.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptySeptember 6th 2010, 6:58 pm

"S'okay, I'll be fine.." Savannah yawned, then her body went limp. Her eyes closed, hands dangling from the chair and back hunched. Looks like tiredness got the best of her. But, perhaps, this was the first time she fell asleep with a smile on her face.

What a strange day its been. By now, she'd have been hunting or scouting the Human City for food... not sleeping in a king's home. No, scratch that. A king's dining room, that made it worse. Maybe life truly is a mystery..

OOC: FAIL POST. I WAS THINKING OF A CHARACTER FOR MIRROR =))
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] EmptySeptember 9th 2010, 7:51 pm

Grason chuckled lightly, seeing Savannah quickly fall asleep. He rose to his feet, hesitating a moment before he gently picked her up. Thankfully, it wasn't too hard for him to carry her, since he had his strong muscles. Grason walked quietly over to the couch, setting Savannah down on its comfortable, soft surface. He then sat down in a nearby chair, leaning his head back and staring up at the ceiling.
Grason tried to let his mind wander, to think about other things. However, the only thing his mind kept coming back to was Savannah. Her golden hair..the bits of the unnatural cyan that seemed to frame her face. Grason roughly shook his head, gently rubbing his temples. 'What's wrong with me today?' he thought in irritation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] Empty

Back to top Go down

A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shift :: Roleplay :: The Abandoned City :: The South District-
Jump to: