Shift
A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 211nii0
Log-in quickly or enroll in this fabulous shape-shifting roleplay game!
Shift
A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 211nii0
Log-in quickly or enroll in this fabulous shape-shifting roleplay game!
Shift
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shift

A literate, shapeshifters roleplay forum.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Devil
Devil

A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 10th 2010, 12:53 am

Savannah lay on the dry, gritty ground of the forest, which felt hard as a rock and brittle at the same time. It was covered with a thick layer of fine dust which hid its gaping cracks. Around her, the trees were on fire, the bushes disintegrated, animals were perishing while some managed get away if they were fast enough. This was probably hell, she convinced herself.

Taking in her surroundings from her flattened position, Savannah knew this to be the clearing where she picked wild berries during autumn. Usually, this place was full of life and the golden leaves filtered enough sunlight to make the bushes grow. But now, it was consumed by the inferno; rapidly growing and twisting. She had to get out of here.

Below her, the ground grew hot and smoke seemed to slither up the cracks. She could feel the heat bristling her skin, just a bit more and she’d be grilled shifter. As she tried to push herself up, Savannah noticed how light headed she was, how dizzy and burned. Luckily, though, she had no cuts or bruises but there was a sharp pain in her abdomen. Lifting her shirt, Savannah examined her stomach. Flat as usual, no wound or blood. Shrugging the thought off, she half ran, half walked towards the exit of the clearing. There were two big trees on each side of the exit, both of which were on fire. The barks were slowly leaning into one another. They were going to fall and the exit would be blocked. How wonderful.

Savannah neared the exit as her mind started to black out, the smoke suffocated her and blinded her sight. She coughed violently, covering her mouth and doubling over. And just like that, she was in the ground again. The barks of the trees fell over, one on top of the over. The exit was blocked.

Closing her eyes, the world around her seemed to slow. Her breathing was in unison with the cracking of the fire, she inhaled so much smoke that she couldn’t seem to think straight anymore. This was it. Taking in her fate with a sad smile, one desperate voice pierced her heart. Grason. She could hear him calling her name between coughs, his voice breaking. What was she going to do?

With all the strength she had left, Savannah shifted into her cheetah form without hesitation. She lay sprawled on the forest floor but willed herself to get up. With a growl, she limped toward the exit then ran as she was three meters away from the burning barks. Right before she could run into the large fire, Savannah jumped over the trunks then landed gracefully on all fours.

She was relying on pure adrenaline now. She had to find Grason. As she took one painful step forward, her mind went blank.

Savannah sat up, startled by her dream. A thin sheen of sweat covered her skin but that didn’t seem to bother her. She was more determined to locate Grason than anything else. She looked about frantically, twisting her head from side to side. Where was he? Then, she noticed a tall, blonde-haired boy with his head tilted back, supported by the wall of the apartment. With a sigh of relief, she swung her legs to the side. They landed on the ground with a faint noise. Her body was now facing front, though hunched forward. Savannah placed her elbows on her thighs and rested her head on top of her hands. Why did she just dream of Grason?
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 10th 2010, 4:13 pm

Grason lifted his head. He had been dozing on and off from when he had sat down in the chair. The sound of heavy, exasperated breathing reached his ears and he frowned. His golden gaze landed on Savannah and her swaety, frantic, worried look. Goodness...she was dazzling even when she was terrified like that. Grason's frown deepened as he realized his own thoughts. 'There's nothing wrong with me realizing her beautiful appearance..' he told himself. Although, it sounded more like he was trying to convince himself of this rather than simply thinking. He reached a hand out, stopping before it reached her shoulder. He quickly retracted his hand, setting it awkward on his lap. "Um...You okay?" Grason asked, raising en eyebrow. His hair was slightly messy in the back from resting on the chair and wall, but he took no notice to it. Lion's hair was always messy...
Back to top Go down
https://shift.rpg-board.net
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 10th 2010, 6:15 pm

Savannah’s breathing was deep and ragged, and every exhale made her shiver. Her head rested on her hands and her hair- which she completely forgot to ponytail- hid her watery eyes. What was happening to her exactly? She never was this weak or vulnerable. Sure, a lot of Savannah’s dreams made her shake and cry out but never tear up or weep.

As she massaged her temples, she noticed Grason’s worried expression. She must’ve awoken him, how embarrassing. Well, no. Scratch that. She wasn’t embarrassed at the least. Savannah was glad he was safe from the inferno.

She peeped through her curtain of gold and cyan hair, and from the corner of her eye, noticed Grason’s hand stretching out. Savannah wanted to push it away and at the same time wanted to take hold of it and tell him not to go to the forest again.

Resting her head back on her hands, she felt a hot tear rolling down her face. It was so unlike her to be crying. Savannah gritted her teeth, rubbed her eyes then wiped her cheeks. Luckily, she was covered by her hair but... she was sniffling.

“I’m okay..” Savannah said softly, between fits of sniffling and ragged breathing.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 10th 2010, 7:32 pm

Grason frowned, hearing the upset tone in her voice. He had the urge to comfort her....to try and make her feel better. He hadn't felt that feeling since...his sister. When she was upset he'd always comfort her, trying to make her stop her crying and cheer up.
Grason didn't hesitate this time. He rose up from his seat in the chair, taking one next to Savannah on the couch. He gently rubbed her shoulder with a frown. "What's the matter?" he asked. His voice was its normal, deep tone...except this time it had an obvious sound of concern to it.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 12th 2010, 9:51 am

“Don’t worry, I’m fine” her voice was strong, reassuring despite her crumpled and helpless form. Savannah had the sudden urge to push Grason away, to be alone and to run away from what she got herself into. To run away from these strange unknown feelings. But she was paralyzed by his touch. And Savannah didn’t know why.

Knowing that she had to put on a strong front for Grason, Savannah wiped her cheeks from the free falling tears and pushed her hair back behind her ears as she took one deep breath in. She couldn’t let Grason worry; he had enough to worry about.

“Sorry, I just get really bad nightmares sometimes.” she tried mustering out her best smile- which was probably the saddest smile in the world considering her mental condition at the moment. Heaving a deep, rather tense breath, Savannah patted Grason’s knee twice then drew her hand back to where it was. Secretly, she wanted to forget about this whole emotional ordeal but was smart enough to know that it was impossible.

OOC: LOST INSPIRATION. CAN’T THINK OF AN AWESOME REPLY ;_;
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 13th 2010, 7:02 pm

Grason studied her curiously, feeling his golden gaze graze across her face. How was it that one could be so amazing? Grason frowned when he realized his thoughts. 'What's wrong with me?' he thought in slight irritation. He slowly nodded his head, keeping his gaze on her beautiful face.
'I've really gotta stop that...' he thought. Grason gently lifted her chin, lightly pressing his lips to her forehead.
After the brief kiss on the forehead was over he abruptly rose to his feet, stuffed his hands in his pockets and turned his back to her. "If you say so..." he said simply. Grason then stepped towards the door way. "I'm going for a walk in the woods.." he said. Grason paused, looking behind his shoulder at Savannah. "You may join me if you wish.." he added. A faint grin flickered across his usually serious face, only to fade shortly after it appeared.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 9:21 am

“The forest? But you can’t!” her voice grew shrill in her rising hysteria. Despite her anxieties being a mere dream, Savannah couldn’t control her emotions and sudden outburst. Rising from the couch, she stepped in front of Grason and stared directly into his golden eyes.

For a moment, her heart skipped a beat and the kiss seemed to weigh down on her; leaving her senseless and light headed. But Savannah shook the feeling away, knowing now wasn’t the time for such nonsense. “I’ll go with you,” she stated grimly, with a lilt of concern.

Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 14th 2010, 4:04 pm

Grason frowned as he stared at Savannah. Why couldn't he go to the forest? The lion shook his head slowly, although a bit of him was ecstatic that she was coming along.
Grason turned abruptly and shifted into his lion form. His powerful leg muscles bulged and moved with the motion of each steady, strong step forward. "So tell me...what is it about the forest that has gotten you so jumpy?" he asked. Grason turned his still golden gaze to Savannah, slightly looking through his brown mane. "You seemed perfectly content to be there last night.." he pointed out.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 15th 2010, 5:59 pm

Savannah proceeded to open the front door behind her. Normally, she would've taken the sudden Shifting as a threat, but it was just Grason anyway. The door opened with a click and a groan of wood, as if the door itself refused to let Grason go. At least she had one ally, right?

"Well, you know, hunters usually hunt at thi-" her voice broke off as she felt a sudden pang of discomfort. Savannah drew a shaky breath and brushed her hair back with her free hand. "Hunters usually hunt at this time."

Refusing to look at Grason's gaze, Savannah shifted from foot to foot and stared at the cracked floor.

Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 18th 2010, 11:33 am

Grason frowned, noticing that she seemed to be rather uncomfortable. 'It must be because I shifted..' he though. Grason briskly shifted back into his human form, taking a step towards Savannah. "You okay?" he asked. It was obvious his voice was full of concern, no matter how hard he tried to hide it.
His brow furrowed with worry as the corners of his mouth turned down in a frown. This was often the face he wore, a serious and concerned expression. Why was it that he cared for Savannah so much? He himself didn't understand why he had the urge to pull her into a warm embrace and promise that he'd never let go.
Grason roughly shook his head, trying to clear these odd thoughts. He ran his fingers through his spiky blonde hair with a soft sigh.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 18th 2010, 7:15 pm

Savannah’s heart started to pound faster against her chest as Grason took one step closer. She didn’t want to look at him, she was afraid that her defenses would plunge down into the abyss and never return. Weakness isn’t what you want to have when you live in The Abandoned City. And love will leave you vulnerable and weak, that’s why Savannah refused to open up. Yet here she stood. Clenching her fists at her side, she finally decided to look Grason in the eye; without fear or anxiety.

Her heart melted completely, her defenses shattered as Grason’s gold eyes bore down into her, full of worry and sincerity. Savannah tilted her head slightly to the side and searched his expression; there was something missing. Furrowed eyebrows, a frown and gold eyes that were full of concern- where was his smile? And why was he worried about her?

“Let’s just go already.” Savannah smiled, putting away all traces of anxiety and despair. Without thinking, she slid her right hand into his and urged him to go first with a small nod of her head.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 18th 2010, 9:25 pm

Grason's eyes widened a bit, feeling the warmth of her fingers intertwine with his own. He felt is cheeks heat up like they were being baked by the sun. He could feel his palm begin to sweat nervously. Why was this happening to him? He could sense that odd tingling sensation again. It was like someone was making his being heat up and feel...simply weird.
Grason allowed himself to be dragged forward. He could hear is heart pounding in his chest and he wondered if Savannah could hear it too. Grason tried to swallow his nervousness and he was unsuccessful. He reached up his his free hand, gently touching his cheeks to feel how hot they were.
To him, it felt like he had a fever...but a fever didn't do this to him...

ooc: xD Poor confused Grason..
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2010, 1:14 am

Savannah continued walking briskly along the long corridor. The feeling of being enclosed made her feel nauseous and dizzy. She looked behind her to peak at Grason then chuckled at his redness. He looked like an overripe tomato. Stopping abruptly, Savannah looked around nervously at the tight space and untangled her right hand from his grip. “Are you unwell?” She stretched her hand out to feel his cheeks.

Well, there seemed to be nothing wrong except for the tingling of her hand- she had no explanation for that. Taking hold of Grason’s hand yet again- tighter this time- she walked slowly through the claustrophobic corridor and ignored the taunting of the gray walls
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2010, 9:13 am

Grason's eyes widened a bit as Savannah touched his cheek. Was he unwell? A faint grin flickered across his face as Savannah slipped her hand back into his. "To answer your question...I have absolutely no idea. I feel...slightly dizzy and my cheeks probably look like I've been sunburned. But I can't explain any of it..." he said. He brow furrowed a bit as he looked over at Savannah. Girls had always seemed to love that brow furrowing back on his home town. He never understood why...
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2010, 9:59 am

Without looking back, Savannah continued through the long corridor, pulling her companion along gently. "Maybe we've contracted a queer metaphysical disease? I've been feeling tingly all over and exceptionally nervous.." After a few more strides, Savannah finally reached the landing of a rather steep stairwell. Its narrow steps seemed rather small and probably would've scared a few people, but since there was no elevator, this would have to do. "I'm almost positive it's a disease." she said, half convincingly and half questioningly.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 19th 2010, 11:43 am

Grason thought for a moment, frowning ever so slightly. "I don't know...no disease I've ever heard of has ever made me feel the desire to..." his voice trailed off and he quickly looked away, letting his sentence hang in the air like some mystery that just couldn't be solved. He sighed, slowly shaking his head from side to side. "It must be some kind of thing that's contagious...since we both seem to have the same symptoms," he suggested.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 7:07 am

"Are we going mad?" The steps were moistened and rather damp from the cool morning air. Savannah was careful not to slip or fall forwards for that would bring injuries to Grason as well. Perhaps she was going mad.... Savannah never cared this much for a person in her life, well, not that she can recall. "I've never contracted this weird contagious disease before..." she stated yet again. As Savannah stepped down to the last elevated step, her foot slipped forward and made her lose balance. She quickly let go of Grason's hand and reached for the rail, but her arms couldn't get a single grasp on the rusted metal, so she fell backward; her lower back landing hard on the steps.

To her surprise, she still had a smile on despite the screaming pain- which was sure to cause a bruise- in her lower back. Savannah looked up at Grason and tried to stifle her laughter by pursing her lips. Her blue eyes brightened up then, as she grinned, her laughter seemed to come almost automatically.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 7:16 am

Grason watched as Savannah fell. Personally, he didn't find it all that funny. He quickly rushed down the steps, kneeling in front of Savannah with a look of concern on his usually serious face. He gently reached his hand out, brushing some of her hair from her face. Grason then hesitantly cupped her face in his hand, caressing her cheek with his thumb. His golden gaze locked with hers as a small frown flickered across his face.
"Are you alright? Do...do you need help up? Or...or maybe I could carry you? I'm sure that fall hurt right?" he said in a rushed, rambling tone of voice. What was wrong with him?
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 8:49 am

For a brief moment, Savannah sat still and gazed into Grason's eyes. She wanted so badly to tell him that the pain was too immense for her to walk but that would be a stupid excuse. Waving her hand dismissively, she said in a sarcastic voice "Hurt? I laugh in the face of pain. Haha!" Before pushing herself up with a wince, Savannah winked at Grason then proceeded to the door of the building, half limping and half walking. "Come on slow poke,"
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 4:03 pm

Grason frowned, watching her slightly unstable walk. She didn't seem fine... He hesitated a moment before he rose to his feet. He looked down at the hand that had touched Savannah's cheek. Oh how odd it felt... He tried to shake the feeling away, but he was unsuccessful. He simply sighed and silently deliberated what he should do.
Grason didn't hesitate much.. He simply walked up behind Savannah and picked her up in his strong arms. "Yeah, and I'm sure pain laughs at the fact it gave you a limp.." he said in a serious tone. He still had a glint of worry in his eyes as his gaze flickered to Savannah briefly.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 5:41 pm

“I- I.. I’m fine, actually..” her small voice stuttered and eventually grew silent. The statement hung in the air, unfinished and lost. Savannah looked at Grason’s eyes- which was rather hard to do from her position- and saw how serious he was about her fall. But she was fine, wasn’t she? Well, there was no arguing with Grason, especially when he’s serious. Giving up, Savannah crossed her arms against her chest then rested her head on the crook of Grason’s arm. She couldn’t understand why she was tingly and quite euphoric about this.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 20th 2010, 6:15 pm

Grason looked over at Savannah with a sigh. "I just...." his voice trailed away as he quickly averted his gaze. "I just care about you okay? I want you to be safe...." he explained. He could feel his heart beginning to beat like a tympani drum.
Grason locked his gaze with Savannah with a serious and confused look on his face. "And it eases my mind if I know you're not in pain because I'm carrying you.." he added. Grason quickly turned his gaze forward again. "Besides, I certainly don't mind you being this close to me...not at all actually," he added in a hushed tone, hoping she wouldn't hear.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 5:01 am

Savannah didn't bother hiding her quickly reddening cheeks, her heart and head pounded as if there was something inside her making its way out. She quickly looked down at her crossed arms. Grason didn't mind her being this close to him, and having him this close comforted her as well. What was this strange feeling? This was absolutely no disease 'cause what she felt was more like a longing than anything else. A longing for what, exactly? Savannah tried to shrug the thought away but it kept coming back. This was hopeless. "I-I.." she cleared her throat "Thank you so much, Grason. I don't mind having you this close to me either, I feel comforted actually." Savannah managed a shy and quite sheepish smile.
Back to top Go down
Angel
Admin
Angel

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 7:17 am

Grason looked down at Savannah with a shocked expression. She...doesn't mind? Thoughts of confusion rolled through his head. Grason tried to ignore them. Tried to ignore the longing desire he had to simply hold her close and never let go. But it was no use.
Grason set Savannah down as he paced back and forth. He clenched bits if his hair in his fists, trying to find out what was wrong with him. Grason spun bak around to face Savannah with a determined look on his face. "I don't know what's wrong with me, Savannah. I....My skin tingled when I'm near you, my heart pounds and my stomach seems to be doing flips inside of me. And I have the urge to..." his voice trailed off as he looked at her with a panicked expression.
Was there only one way to stop this? He supposed that if he...gave the nagging feeling inside of him what it wanted then it'd go away. Grason took a step towards Savannah, gently cupping her face in his hands. Without waiting for any response he pressed his lips to hers in a hesitant yet desperate kiss.
Back to top Go down
Devil
Devil

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 EmptySeptember 21st 2010, 7:51 am

Savannah's eyes widened as Grason pressed his lips against hers. She had never expected this to happen, to find comfort in such a thing was queer. Her lips smiled under his kiss as she closed her eyes then wrapped her arms around Grason, pulling him close. She kissed him slowly, satisfying the feeling of desperation and need within her. Had she been in love with Grason all along? After a few moments, she pulled back gently then lost herself to Grason's comforting, golden gaze. "Grason, I don't think it's a disease." Savannah smiled, her arms still clung around him; unwilling to let go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]   A King's Abode [p r i v a t e] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A King's Abode [p r i v a t e]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shift :: Roleplay :: The Abandoned City :: The South District-
Jump to: